Tuesday, May 20, 2014
These days my brow routine is much easier, using pretty much one product: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow. I know you've heard the hype, and they are damn near impossible to get your hands on sometimes because they are always sold out, but if you spot your color somewhere GRAB IT without hesitation! It's worth it! I'll be posting my review on this pomade (which is much like a cream/gel liner hybrid) soon.
As you can see, I only tweeze my brows (no waxing) and have removed most of my tail. It makes it easier to achieve the look that I like. We all have different tastes and I definitely go through brow phases where I change my shape every few months, but I think I found one that I like. I like for my brows to be thick through the arch, with a rounded arch and a tail that is a little shorter than what I used to have. I feel like this opens my eye area and does less damage to my giant forehead issues.
In the photo, my process is going from left to right.
1. I start with brushing my brows into shape.
2. I use my Dipbrow (I use the color Chocolate) very light-handedly with my Sigma Mrs Bunny liner brush (a short small and thin liner brush). Then I underline my brow, creating a foundation for the shape I want.
3. I do the same for the top of the brow. I leave the beginning of my brow untouched, because I do not like this part of my brow being too dark (I don't like when it's done too lightly either).
4. I fill in the shape I've made (again with a light hand) and build the color up. Most of the color is concentrated after the arch.
5. I turn my brush on it's side so it's flat and use the product that is left on the brush and swipe it over the beginning of my brows to blend it in.
6. I use my NYX Wonder Pencil to shape everything up and make it clean and neat!
Hope this helps!
Friday, April 11, 2014
My favorite nail polish collection of this spring goes to this new Zoya collection. There's metallic, cream, shimmer, glitter--something for everyone! All of the shades are a little on the thin side and needed at least 3 coats; applied best if mostly dry in between. Cole is hands down my favorite; I'm in love with this vibrant pastel peach and I think it's perfect to carry over into the summer!
Get this beautiful collection from Zoya and check out more swatches below!
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Spring is finally right around the corner! It may still be too cold for the beach and the pool water, but you can still make a splash with bright blue liners that will give you a fresh trendy look and make your eyes pop!
From left to right:
Wet n Wild, Indigo; Stila, Bora Bora; Ulta Gel Pencils, Aqua and Starry Night; NYX Teal